New Smart and Smart PRO functions
We are pleased to announce that since February all the devices equipped with Smart and Smart PRO controllers will be available with new functions. The updates are the result of the work of our IT department in cooperation with the sales department, which has direct contact with the customer.
Among the most important changes is the Quick Program option available for both Smart and Smart PRO controllers. Quick Program allows you to quickly start the program from the main screen position without having to enter menu and creating a new program. After switching on the device (and logging in Smart PRO version), a symbol will be available on the main screen, which will enable you to switch on the program after setting the temperature (optional fan, air-flap depending on the model). The program will start in continuous mode with lower and upper temperature protection (-10°C/+10°C). The Quick Change option is available during operation of the program.
The SMART program has several features that guarantee its uninterrupted performance:
- the program is always set to infinity,
- if the display fails, the program will continue,
- after the power supply is resumed (after its loss), the program continues,
- to prevent the program from stopping accidentally, the STOP button was removed from the main window (stopping the program was intentionally made difficult. It is necessary to enter the menu, then the programs window and hold the STOP button for 5 seconds).
Expandable upper menu
The introduction in the Smart PRO controllers of a drop-down menu bar that can be individually set is an important change. By swiping your finger down you will see options that you can quickly change. Moreover, by dragging the icons you can change their position on the menu bar. Among the options available in the bar you will find:
- Quick Note (since February available in the drop-down upper menu bar),
- Quick Change,
- information about segment time (elapsed or remained),
- information about set temperature,
- information about set humidity (available for climatic chambers),
- mute option.
Another change available for SMART and SMART PRO controllers is the mute option, i. e. temporary switching off of sound alarms e.g. to avoid an open door alarm when the samples are being loaded into the chamber. Mute option is available for 5, 10 and 15 minutes.
It’s also worth to mention small but important modifications such as:
- changing the time zone will not change the date/time in the data and events previously stored (available for Smart and Smart PRO)
- after the program finishes, relevant information will be displayed (the end of the program within the schedule will not be displayed. The message will be displayed after the whole schedule finishes) - available for Smart and Smart PRO
- new languages are available - Portuguese and Ukrainian (available for Smart and Smart PRO)
More information about new functionalities in Smart and Smart PRO controllers can be found on the dedicated website www.smart4lab.eu
Changes in the LabDesk software
The changes in the LabDesk software that will appear in the program since February are as follows:
- possibility to change the configuration of the device (e. g. alarms, corrections) from the application level
- possibility to edit an user from the application (e. g. user name, password, assigned program limit, account type)
- possibility to load the program offline in the same devices (which differ only in serial number). Having several identical devices with the same configuration (temperature range, light settings, etc.) you only need to download the configuration file from one of them to your flash drive. On its basis it is possible to create offline programs for all devices (previously it was necessary to download a configuration file on a flash drive from each device and on its basis create an offline program for a specific device)